BP will not be a net-zero carbon company
There is no lie too small or too large that corporations will not use to increase profits. I smelt a rat. I was right to do so.
I went to the BP website and read the press release. It says the plan is:
Five aims to get BP to net zero:
1. Net zero across BP’s operations on an absolute basis by 2050 or sooner.
2. Net zero on carbon in BP’s oil and gas production on an absolute basis by 2050 or sooner.
3. 50% cut in the carbon intensity of products BP sells by 2050 or sooner.
4. Install methane measurement at all BP’s major oil and gas processing sites by 2023 and reduce methane intensity of operations by 50%.
5. Increase the proportion of investment into non-oil and gas businesses over time.